If you have more than one Alexa speaker, you can combine them and play music all at once. This built-in feature allows you to connect your speakers to the stereo for better audio quality or you can set up Alexa speakers in multiple rooms to fill your entire home with music. Here’s all you need to know about how to set up multi-room music on your Alexa devices and get the best audio from your speaker system.
Before you begin:
To set up multiple room music on your Alexa speakers, they must all be connected to the same WiFi network. Check out our post How To Connect Alexa With WiFi If you want to know how to change your device network.
How To Set Up Multi-Room Music In Alexa
To set up multiple room music, open and tap the Alexa app Devices. Then tap and select the plus sign icon Connect the speakers > Multi-room music. Finally, select which devices to sync, name your speaker panel, and tap Save.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone. If you do not already have the Alexa application, you can download it Apple App Store Or The Google Play Store.
- Then tap Devices. You will see this house shaped icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Next, tap the plus sign icon. You will see this in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Then select Connect the speakers. You will see this in the pop-up menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, select Multi-room music. You can scroll down and choose Home Theater Connect your Alexa speakers to your smart TV. Or you can choose Stereo pair / speaker If you want to split your speakers into left and right audio channels or add a speaker.
- Tap and select which devices you want to group Next. When the speaker is selected, a check mark appears on the right, which will be added to the multi-room band.
- Choose a group name or tap Create your own Next. You can create a custom name by scrolling to the bottom of the list.
To edit or remove the multi-room speaker panel, go to the Alexa app and tap Devices. Then scroll down the page and select your speaker panel. From here, you can tap Edit To add or remove speakers, Remove the pair Remove all speakers, or Audio sync issues Fix audio sync issues.
You can add an Alexa speaker to more than one group, but only play music from one speaker group at a time. Also, multi-room music does not work with Bluetooth, so you need to connect your Alexa speakers to regular speakers using a 3.5mm audio cable.
How to play music on all your Alexa devices
After setting up the multi-room music feature in the Alexa app, select “Alexa, turn on the music.” [group name]. “For example,” Alexa, play classic rock everywhere “or” Alexa, play down Miles Davis.
What can you listen to with multiple room music?
Works with major streaming services such as Alexa’s Multi-Room Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Sirius XM, iHeartRadio and many more. You can also listen to audiobooks on Audible and some podcasts.
If you do not change the default music streaming service in the Alexa app, your speakers will automatically play songs from Amazon Music. But you can always ask Alexa to use another music streaming service. For example, “Alexa, play Bee Keys on Apple Music [group name]. “
If you want to change the Alexa default music streaming service, see our step-by-step guide How to connect Spotify with Alexa And How To Listen To Apple Music On Your Alexa Devices.
How to improve the audio quality of your Alexa
To improve the audio quality of your Alexa speakers, you can pair two stereo speakers with identical Echo speakers. You can also use the Alexa Equalizer to adjust the audio quality of your devices.
If you have two identical Echo speakers, you can stereo pair them into split left and right audio channels. To set up a stereo link in the Alexa app, go to Devices, Tap the plus sign icon and select Connect the speakers. Then scroll down and select Stereo pair / speaker.
From there, you can select which echo devices you want to connect and specify which will be the left speaker and which is the right one. Note that not all Amazon Echo devices are capable of stereo connectivity.
If you do not want to connect your Echo devices, you can also improve the audio quality of your devices with Alexa Equalizer. Launch your Alexa app and go to it More> Settings> Device Settings. Then select the speaker and tap the gear icon in the upper left corner. Finally, select Audio settings.
Adjust the sound to suit your preferences using the bass, midrange and treble sliders. Bass refers to low frequency sounds and treble refers to high frequency sounds. Midrange usually includes vocal sounds. You will need to repeat the steps for each of your Alexa speakers.
The Tech Chips editors choose the products and services we write about. When you make a purchase through our links, we may receive a commission.