Blink Smart Cameras offers an inexpensive and easy way to set up a security system in your home. These smart cameras from Amazon allow you to monitor your home in real time. Also, you will receive alerts whenever motion is detected, and video clips can be recorded locally or on the cloud. Here’s how to set up and install your blink smart cameras, view live footage of your cameras and receive motion alerts.
How to set up a blink application
Before you can set up your Blink camera, you need to create an account in the Blink Home Monitor app. For this you need to enter your country, region, email and create a password. Then verify your email and phone number.
- Download the Blink Home Monitor app. You can download the app from here Google Play Store And this Apple App Store.
- Then open the app and tap Start your account.
- Next, select yours Country And Region. You can change your country by tapping the down arrow to the right of the drop-down menu. To go to the next page, tap Next And OK At the bottom of your screen.
- Then enter your email address and create a password. Blink will send a verification code to this email address, so be sure to use the email you have access to.
- Next, enter your verification code. Check your email and copy the code you received. If you do not see it, check your spam folder. Then you can go to the application and paste and tap the code please verify.
- Then check your phone number. First, enter your phone number and the verification code in the text message you receive. You can also get the code on the phone if you tap the voice Opportunity to call.
- Finally, select whether to link your Blink account to your Amazon account. You can click Avoid In the upper right corner. You will need to enter your Amazon username and password to link your accounts.
If your system came with a sync module, you need to set it up now. This portable device attaches to your blinking cameras, improves their battery life, and allows you to record video on a USB drive. If you have a bling outdoor camera or want to set up multiple bling cameras, you will need a sync module.
How to set up a blink sync module
To set up the sync module, open the Blink Home Monitor app and tap the plus sign. Then select Blink wireless camera system, Scan the QR code on the back of your device and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Blink Home Monitor app and tap the plus sign. You will see this in the upper right corner of the home page. If you do not see this, tap the Home icon in the lower left corner.
- Then tap Blink wireless camera system.
- Next, scan the QR code on the back of the sync module. Let’s tap Enter the serial manually Type the serial number on the top of your device.
- Then name your blinking system. When you are done, click Next.
- Next, insert the sync module into the wall outlet. You can use the provided USB cable to connect the sync module to the supplied power adapter. The micro-USB port is used for power, while the larger USB-A port is used for recording video on the thumb drive.
- Then wait for the green light to flash and the blue light to flash. As you can see in the application, the bottom light should be solid green and the top light blue.
- Next, tap Locate the device.
- Then tap Join. You will see your device trying to connect to a network called BLINK-XXXX.
- Next, select your WiFi network, enter your password and click Join.
- Wait for your device to update. Do not disconnect the sync module when updating.
- Finally, tap Done.
Once you have set up your sync module, you can set up your blinking cameras. Here’s how:
How to set up your blink smart cameras
To set up your blinking cameras, remove the back cover and insert your batteries. Then open the Blink Home Monitor app, tap the Plus icon and select the model you want to set. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Remove the back cover of your blink camera. This can be done by removing the circular rubber cover in the middle of the case. Use the tools provided until the back cover is easily discarded.
- Then insert two AA batteries. To make your smart cameras last as long as possible, it is best to use lithium-ion batteries.
- Next, open the Blink Home Monitor app and tap the plus sign. You will see this in the upper right corner of the home page. If you do not see this, tap the Home icon in the lower left corner.
- Then select your blinking camera model.
- Next, scan the QR code on the blink camera.
- Wait until your camera is refreshed and tap Next. When you have finished refreshing your camera, you will see it appear in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Next, click Done Finish setting up your blinking camera.
- Finally, screw on the back cover of your blink camera. If you plan to install your flink camera outside, tighten the back cover to prevent water from getting inside.
How to mount your blinking camera
After setting up the blinking camera in the app, you can install it by attaching the included mount. If you plan to fit your bling camera higher, it is a good idea to first screw up the mount and then attach your bling camera.
Blink warns users against installing cameras on moving branches, crowded sidewalks, roads or other high traffic areas. Otherwise, you will continue to receive running alerts. However, you can always set up operating function zones and privacy zones in the application.
Bling cameras can only detect motion up to 20 feet away, and they are excellent at detecting horizontal motion. So, if you want to be careful every time someone goes down a path, you should install your blink camera perpendicular to it, without facing the path.
To find the best place to install your flink camera, place it somewhere, then tap the camera icon and take a snapshot of your camera. Then move your blinking camera to where you want it to be.
How to set up motion detection alerts
To set up motion detection alerts in the Blink Home Monitor app, select Armed At the bottom of your home screen. You can change your motion detection settings by tapping the three-line icon above the live view of each camera.
From here, you can set up motion “zones” to disable motion detection alerts in specific areas. You can scroll down to change other settings such as your camera’s motion sensitivity, how long it takes to send you an alert after detecting your camera’s motion and many more.
You can also change your motion detection settings by tapping the gear icon at the bottom of your screen. Then navigate Notification options Select what type of notifications you would like to receive.
How to watch your recorded videos
To view videos recorded by your Blink cameras, open and tap the Blink Home Monitor app Clip roll Icon at the bottom of your screen. Select the clip you want to watch.
From here, you can tap the share icon to send your video via email, text and more. You can delete a clip by swiping to the left Clear. Or you can delete all the clips at once by selecting Edit, mark all, Then Clear.
If you want to learn how to instantly share your video clips and more with other Apple devices, check out our step-by-step guide How to operate and use AirDrop.
The Tech Chips editors choose the products and services we write about. When you make a purchase through our links, we may receive a commission.