How to change the volume on your Alexa devices
If your Alexa speakers are too loud or too quiet, there are several ways to change the volume. You can enable Alexa’s volume conversion feature based on how loud you speak and the background noise. Here are all the ways to change the volume on your Alexa devices using the physics buttons, voice commands and the Alexa app.
How to change the volume of Alexa with physics buttons
The simplest way to change Alexa’s volume is to use the physics buttons on the top of your speaker. Press the plus sign (+) to increase the volume or the minus sign (-) to decrease the volume. Press the circle through it to mute your speaker.
You can find these buttons on every Echo Smart speaker, except for the first generation models, which have a volume ring on the top. Turn the hoop to the right or to the left to increase the volume.
How to change Alexa’s volume by voice commands
“Alexa, change the volume [1 through 10], ”One is soft and 10 is loud. “Alexa. Mute. “
Turn off the volume and say “Alexa, unmute” and your Echo will return to its previous volume level. You can also turn off the volume by telling Alexa to adjust the volume to a certain level. For example, you could say “Alexa, change the volume to 5”.
How to change Alexa’s volume in application
You can change the volume of your Alexa speakers from your smartphone using the Alexa app. To do this, open the app and go to it Devices > Echo & Alexa. Select your device name and tap Volume, And use the slider to increase or decrease the volume.
- Open the Alexa app. If you do not already have the application, you can download it Apple App Store Or The Google Play Store.
- Then tap Devices. You will see this at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, select Echo & Alexa.
- Select the Echo device you want to control.
- Finally, tap Volume Press the button and use the slider at the bottom of your screen to change the volume.
If you do not want to manually change the volume on your Alexa device, you can also use the new Adaptive Volume feature. It will automatically adjust Alexa’s speaking voice based on how loud you speak and the background noise.
How to turn on adaptive volume
To turn on the adaptive volume, open the Alexa app and go to it More> Settings> Voice Answer. Then tap the slider next to it Adaptive volume Run it. “Alexa, turn it on Adaptive volume. “
From this page, you can also enable abbreviated mode, which converts many of Alexa’s common responses into short beeps. You can also enable whisper mode to keep Alexa’s voice quiet when you whisper a voice command.
How to change Alexa’s volume through procedures
Using Alexa you can automatically change the volume throughout the day Procedures In Alexa application. To do this, open the app and go to it Further > Procedures. Then tap the plus sign in the upper-right corner to create a table with a custom action such as “Change the volume to 4”.
- Open the Alexa app and tap More. You will see this in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Then tap Procedures.
- Then tap the plus sign. You will see this in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Next, tap Enter a custom name.
- Then enter the custom name. Tap Next When you are done.
- Next, tap When this happens.
- Then tap Table And select a start time. To create your own table, tap At the time.
- Next, select the days and times you want to change the volume.
- Then tap Add action.
- Next, select Custom.
- Then, type “Change the volume to 4”. Tap Next In the upper right corner when you finish.
- Next, tap Save.
- Select the device for which you want to respond.
- Finally, tap the Play button next to your custom name and make sure it works.
Check out our step-by-step guide How to set up procedures on your Alexa devices Learn more.