Amazon’s Echo Show smart displays allow you to use voice commands to control your smart home devices, make video calls, watch movies and TV shows, and more. However, your Echo Show will not be so smart until you set it up correctly. Here’s how to set up your new Echo Show device, how to use it and the general settings you want to change.
How to set up your Echo Show
To set up your Echo Show, insert it first. Then select your language and connect to a WiFi network. Next, sign in with your Amazon account, confirm your timezone, and select a name for your device. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to select the settings you want to enable or disable.
- Insert your Echo Show into the Power Outlet. Use the included power adapter to power your device.
- Then select your language. The Echo Show has a touch screen, so you have to tap on the selection you want. If you do not find the language you want, you can swipe down to see more options.
- Next, select your WiFi network.
- Then enter your WiFi password and tap Done. If you want to confirm that you entered your password correctly, tap Show Right side of the text box.
- Next, select Connect. If Amazon does not want you to remember your password, select the box next to it Save the password on Amazon.
- Then tap Sign in Enter your Amazon username and password. If you do not already have an Amazon account, you will need to open a web browser on another device and create a new account Amazon.com.
- Next, tap Sign in.
- Then tap Proceed. This confirms that your Echo Show is now registered in your Amazon account and that you agree to Amazon’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Next, confirm your time zone.
- Select the room in which your Echo Show is located. It allows you to group and organize your Amazon smart devices. Tap Skip and then change this setting.
- Next, enter and tap the name for your device Proceed. You can also paste your default Echo Show name. However, giving your Echo Show a simple name makes voice commands easier to use.
- Select your favorite clock and wallpaper and tap Continue. You can change these settings later.
- Next, choose whether to use your Echo Show as a security camera. Tapping Enable Allow your family members to see the live footage of your Echo Show camera on the Alexa app.
- Choose whether you want to run the Amazon Sidewalk. Tapping Enable Allows your device to share your WiFi signal with other Alexa devices so they are always connected. Learn more about What is the Amazon Sidewalk and how to turn it off, See our article here.
- Next, decide if you want to turn your Echo Show into an exclusive device for kids. Tapping Yes Allows you to set sleep time limits, review device functionality, and block explicit content.
- Finally, tap No thanks Avoid promotional offers. If you skip the promotional offers, you will end up setting up your Echo Show. The screen will display Almost done For a while, depending on how fast your WiFi connection is.
How to integrate Echo Show with Alexa Apps
If you set up your Echo Show and log in with the same Amazon account, it will appear in your Alexa app. To find your Echo Show in the Alexa app, go to Devices> Echo & Alexa It will be in the group you assigned.
From the Alexa app, you can change your Echo Show settings by tapping the gear icon in the top right corner. Additionally, you can control the volume of your Echo Show, watch live video of your device’s camera, set an alarm, and more.
How to use your Echo Show
To start using your Echo Show, swipe from right to left of the screen. This will open a menu that allows you to make video calls, control your smart home devices, listen to music, watch videos and more.
- To make a video call at Echo Show, swipe to the left and select from the right side of the screen contact. Then select Call Choose or tap one of your contacts Tyler In the upper right corner to dial the number.
- Listen to music on your Echo Show, “Alexa, play [song]”Or swipe from the right side of your screen to the left Music. Tap your screen to reveal the Play, Rewind and Skip buttons.
- To watch the video at your Echo Show, you can say “Alexa Watch”. Swipe left from the right side of your screen and select the video. Then select the streaming service and go to the video you want to watch.
- To watch a YouTube video on Echo Show, you have to say “Alexa search on youtube”. You can also use the built-in Silk web browser to watch YouTube videos, but it can be difficult to navigate through the touch screen.
How to change settings at your Echo Show
To change the settings on your Echo Show, swipe down from the top of your screen and select the gear shaped icon in the top right corner. From here, you can connect to another WiFi network, change your background image and much more.
Once you know how to set up your Echo Show, check out our article The best Alexa commands you may not know.