In 2020, more than 300 billion emails were sent and received every day Information From Stadista. If you’re tired of your Gmail inbox being full of spam, there is a quick and easy way to delete it all at once. Here’s how to filter your messages in Gmail and delete them permanently at the same time.
How to filter and delete all your emails in Gmail
To delete all emails in Gmail, go to your inbox and type Inside: Anywhere In the search bar. Select the box to select all your emails and click SSelect all conversations that match this search. Finally, click on the Trash icon to delete all your emails.
- Open your Gmail Inbox and type Inside: Anywhere In the search bar. You will see a search bar next to the magnifying glass icon at the top of your window.
- Next, press Enter On your keyboard. It will filter all your emails, including messages in your spam and junk folders.
- Click the box to select all your emails. You will see this small box at the top left of your window. This is at the top of the column of boxes to the left of all your messages. If you check this box, the first 50 emails in your inbox will be selected.
- Next, click Select all conversations that match this search. You will see this blue text appear on top of the messages in your inbox. This will select all the emails in your Gmail account
- Then click on the Trash icon. You will see this above your messages and below the search bar.
- Finally, click OK Delete all your unread emails.
Note that deleting your emails in Gmail will only move you from your inbox to the Trash folder. Gmail may take up to 30 days to permanently delete your emails unless you do it manually. Here’s how:
How To Permanently Delete All Your Emails In Gmail
To permanently delete your emails in Gmail, type In the trash Press Enter on your keyboard in the search bar. Select the box and click to select all your messages Select all […] Conversations in the trash. Finally, click Delete permanently.
Once you know how to delete all the emails in your Gmail at once, check out our step-by-step guide How to Organize Your Gmail Inbox To make sure it is not refilled.
The Tech Chips editors choose the products and services we write about. When you make a purchase through our links, we may receive a commission.