By default, the first page you see when you open Chrome is the Google search box. However, you can change it to another website at any time or customize it at any time. You can also change your new tab page so you can view a specific website when you open a new tab. Here’s how to change your homepage and customize or change the new tab page in Google Chrome.
How to change your homepage in Chrome
To change your homepage in Chrome, click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the browser window. Then navigate Settings> Appearance And activate Show Home Button desire. Finally, type a URL in the text box and click the Home button to see if it has changed.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of your browser window.
- Next, click Settings.
- Then scroll down Origin. You can also choose Origin In the left sidebar to go directly to the area. If you do not see the left sidebar, you can expand or enlarge your browser window.
- Next, turn on the toggle next to Show Home Button. If the slider next to it is already green, you can skip this step.
- Finally, click the circle next to the text box and type the URL of the home page you want.
You can also change your start page, so you’ll see your homepage when you open Chrome. To do this, scroll down to the Settings page In the beginning section. Then click the radio button next to it Open a specific page or set of pages.
Finally, click Add new page, Enter your home page URL and click Collaboration.
After changing your homepage in Chrome, you can also customize the new tab page. Here’s how:
How to customize a new tab page in Chrome
To customize the New Tab page in Chrome, open a new tab and click Can be customized Button. Then, select the background. Shortcuts, Or Color and theme Change parts of the new tab page. Finally, click Done.
- Open a new tab in the Chrome web browser.
- And then click Can be customized. You will find this button in the lower right corner of the window. It may also appear as a pencil icon.
- Next, select Background From the left sidebar. This option allows you to choose a new background image, a solid color or upload your own image.
- Then select Shortcuts. This option lets you change the shortcut icons on your new tab page or hide them completely.
- Next, select Color and theme. This option allows you to change the color of your entire browser and the color of some websites.
- Finally, click Done After changing the new tab page.
Unfortunately, Chrome does not allow you to change your new tab page to a specific URL in its settings. However, you can download an extension to achieve this. Here’s how:
How to change the new tab page in Chrome
To change the New Tab page in Chrome you need to download an extension like Custom New Tab URL from the Chrome Web Store. Then enable the extension and add the URL you want to use to your new tab page.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Then go Custom New Tab URL Page in the Chrome Web Store.
- Next, click Add to Chrome.
- And then click Add extension.
- Next, click the Extensions icon. This is the icon that appears like a puzzle piece to the right of your address bar.
- Then click the three-dot icon next to the Custom New Tab URL extension and select it Options.
- Next, check the next box Enabled.
- Then enter a URL. Be sure to enter http: // or https: // before the address.
- Finally, click Save Change your New Tab page in Chrome.
Now that you know how to change your homepage and new tab page in Chrome, check out our step-by-step guide How to sync Chrome across all your devices.