When getting a new router from Spectrum, the first thing you need to do is change the default WiFi network name and password. This will make it easier for you to remember your WiFi password. It also makes it more difficult for hackers to hack into your network and steal your personal information such as your bank details. Here’s how to change the name and password of your Spectrum router using your router’s web interface, your online account or the My Spectrum app.
How to change the name and password of your Spectrum WiFi network
To change your Spectrum WiFi name and password, open a web browser and enter your router’s IP address in the address bar. Then log in and select the band you want to change. Finally, enter your new password and network name Basic Click the tab Apply.
- Find the IP address of your router on the back of your spectrum router. You can find this nearby Router login. Normally, this would be 192.168.1.1. However, this may also change depending on your organization. If you want to know more about How to find the IP address of your router, See our step-by-step guide here.
- Then open the web browser. It could be Chrome, Safari, Firefox or any other web browser you want to use.
- Next, enter your router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Then hit Enter On your keyboard.
- Next, enter the name and password of your Spectrum router and click on it Login. You can also find this information on your router. However, if you do not find it there, check out our guide How to find your router username and password Here.
- And then click Improved. You will see this at the top of your window. If you do not see this, you can skip this step.
- Next, select the 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi panel. If you have a dual-band router, you can choose between two different bands, each with its own WiFi network name and password. If you want to know more about The difference between the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz bands, See our article here.
- And then click Basic Tab.
- Next, enter the new network name in the SSID field. A SSID (Service Set Identifier) is another word for your network name. Do not forget to select a name that you remember. However, do not include any personal information such as your name or address, as others may see this network name when it is out of range.
- Then enter the new WiFi password. You can find it under this field Security system section. By default, your security system is WPA2 unique, and Spectrum recommends keeping it intact. If you want to use a different security system, see our article Which router security option should you choose.
- Confirm your new WiFi password. Type your new password again in the box below. If you have trouble remembering your passwords, check out our list Best Password Administrators Here.
- Finally, click Apply. This option is located at the bottom right of the page. Clicking this button will save your changes.
If you want to find out your Spectrum WiFi name and password, check out our guide How to find your wifi password on windows 10 system Or Here’s how to find any password on Mac.
If for some reason you are unable to access your router’s settings, you can change your Spectrum WiFi name and password using your Spectrum Online account. Here’s how:
How To Change Your Spectrum WiFi Name And Password Through Your Spectrum Online Account
Use the web browser to change the Spectrum WiFi name and password with your account information Spectrum.net. And then click Services> Internet And select Manage network. Finally, enter the new password and network name and click Save.
- Open a web browser.
- Then type Spectrum.net Enter the address bar and press Enter Enter.
- Next, enter your Spectrum username and password and click Sign in. If you are having trouble logging in, click here Forgot your username or password?
- And then click Services. You will see this at the top of the window.
- Next, select Website. You will find this below Services & Equipment.
- Next, click Manage network. If you do not see this option, click the blue arrow below Your WiFi networks.
- Then enter the new username and password.
- Finally, click Save.
How To Change Spectrum WiFi Password And WiFi Name From My Spectrum App
To change your Spectrum WiFi name and password, download the My Spectrum app and sign in with your username and password. Then select Services> Update Enter your new password and network name. Finally, select Save.
- Download the My Spectrum app on your smartphone. You can see this Google Play Store For Android devices or Apple App Store For iPhones and other Apple devices.
- Then open the application and accept the terms and conditions.
- Next, type in your Spectrum username and password Sign in.
- Then tap Services. You can see this at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, tap View & Edit Network Info.
- Then enter your new password and network name.
- Finally, tap Save.
If you still have trouble changing your WiFi name and password, you can always reset your router and use the default WiFi name and password. Check out our step-by-step guide How to reset your router to factory conditions Learn more here.