How to update apps on your iPhone
Every time you update an app on your iPhone, it not only gives you the latest features, but also security patches, bug fixes and other optimizations. This way, keeping your iPhone running makes it run faster and increases your security. This is how to manually update all apps on your iPhone and how to enable automatic updates.
How to manually update apps on your iPhone
To manually update the app on your iPhone, open the App Store and click your profile picture in the top right corner. Then scroll down and click Update next to any app you want to manually update or click Update them all. You can update the list by scrolling up to the top of the screen.
- Open App Store app on your iPhone. This is a blue and white app with an “A” logo that comes with your iPhone. If you don’t know where to find it, go to your home screen and scroll down through the middle of your screen. Finally, type “App Store” in the search bar at the top of your screen and click the icon that appears.
- Then click on your profile picture. You will see this in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Finally, scroll down and click Update or Update them all. You will see Update right-click on any application that can be updated. You can see the Update All button at the top of the list
Since iOS 13, every app you download on your iPhone is automatically updated, but you can check if this feature is enabled or disabled, so you have to update all your apps manually .
How to automatically update apps on your iPhone
If you want your iPhone to update third-party apps automatically, go ahead Settings> App Store. Then, under Automatic downloads, press the radio button next to it Software updates to enable or disable automatic app updates.
How to update apps on iOS 12 or earlier
To update your apps on an iPhone running iOS 12 or earlier, open the App Store and go to it Updates. So choose whether Update them all or select which app you want to update.
- Click App Store on your home screen.
- Choose Updates at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Update them all or select which app you want to update. If you want to update an application, click Update right-click on it.
How to enable auto-updates on iOS 12 and earlier
To enable / disable automatic app updates on your iPhone running iOS 12 or earlier Settings> iTunes & App Store. Then head on Automatic downloads, and click Updates button to enable / disable the feature.
- Click Settings. The setting is the same as the one with the “Gear” label.
- Switch to iTunes and App Store, then click it.
- Under Automatic downloads, Press Updates button to enable / disable the feature. If the switch is green, the feature is active; if it is white, automatic app updates are disabled.
Read more: How to update your iPhone and what to do when it doesn’t update