To set up automatic answers outside the office in Outlook with an IMAP or POP3 account, save the email template and click on File > Manage rules and alerts. Then create a new rule for the messages you received and open the saved .oft file.
The following method only applies to Outlook users without an Exchange account. If you open Outlook and see the words “Connect: Microsoft Exchange” at the bottom of the window, check out our guide below. how to configure out-of-office responses in Outlook for Exchange users Here.
- Open Outlook and click the new email button. You can find this button in the upper left corner of the window.
- Write a subject and message for an email template outside your office. You can leave the “To” field blank.
- Then click File. You can find this in the upper left corner of the window.
- Then click Save as. You can find this at the top left corner.
- Then click on the drop-down menu next to it Save as typeand take it as Outlook Template (* .oft) file.
- Provide the name and destination of the email template outside your office. It is best to use the default location, but you can select your destination location. It is best to choose a secure location where the file will not be transferred or deleted. Remember where you saved your file, you should find it later.
- Then click Save.
- Sign out of the email and click yes when you ask if you want to save the change..
- Go back to Outlook and click File > Manage rules and alerts.
- Then press New rule… button. You will find this in the upper left part of the window.
- Next, click Follow the rule in the messages I receive. You will find this under the section shown Start with an empty rule.
- Then click Next.
- Click the next window Next. This is the window that is displayed Which condition (s) do you want to check?
- Then click “Yes” in the pop-up window.
- In the next window, check the box next to it answer using a specific template. This is the window that is displayed What do you want to do with the message?
- Then click the highlighted text in the box below. This is the box that is shown Step 2: Edit the rule description (click the downloaded value). Click the text to be read. a specific template.
- If you have saved your file in the default location, click the drop-down menu next to it Look inand select User templates in the file system. Press Browse button if you have selected where to save your .oft file. Then open the folder where you saved your file.
- Select the file you want to use as an out-of-office message and click Open.
- Then click Next.
- Click the next window Next.
- Then name the rule and click Finish. If you are not yet ready to use the rule, you can uncheck the Activate box for this rule. To activate a rule, go to File> Manage rules and notifications and check the box next to the rule you created. Then click Apply and Good.
- Finally, click Apply in the Rules and Notifications window and then Good.
To make sure your automated answers work, send yourself a test email. If you still have problems, check this out link.