Knowing the IP address of your printer is important if you want to connect it to your network or solve any problems. The IP address of your printer is a kind of street address. Without it, you can’t send your printer any print job or give it any other commands. Here’s how to find the IP address of your printer on a Mac or Windows computer.
How to find the IP address of your printer from your router
No matter if you are using a Mac or PC, you can find the IP address of your printer by accessing the router.
- In the address bar of any web browser, enter the local IP address of your router.
- Enter your username and password.
- The IP address of your printer will be in the list of devices connected to the network.
How to find the IP address of your printer in Windows 10
There are several ways to print your IP address from a Windows 10 desktop or laptop. The easiest way is to find it in the control panel. Here it is:
- Write â ????? control panelâ €? in the search box. This is a button with a large window next to the Start menu in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer and select Properties.
- Select the Web Services Schedule. The IP address should be located at the bottom of the device information panels and troubleshooting.
If you can’t find your printer in the control panel, you can perform an intensive search using the Command Prompt. Here it is:
How to find the IP address of your printer with the command line
- In the search box next to the Start menu, type cmd.
- Type ipconfig on the command line, then press Enter.
- Find your IPv4 address.
- Type in a new command line ping followed with a space and then your IPv4 address.
- Then press Enter.
- After loading the results, type arp -a and press Enter. All dynamic and static connections are loaded using an IPv4 address.
- Open any web browser. You can use Chrome, Firefox, Edge or any other web browser of your choice.
- Copy the dynamic IP address you got from it arp command. If multiple addresses appear, put each address in a different table.
- If the IP opens the printer settings page, it will be the IP address of your printer. The website will have the manufacturer’s logo and will show the printer information, such as printer status and how much ink you have.
How to find the IP address of your printer on a Mac
There are two easy ways to find the IP address of your printer on a Mac desktop or laptop. First, you can find it under System Preferences. You can also find it online using the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS), an open source printing system for Apple and UNIX devices.
How to find the IP address of your printer from the system settings
- Open system preferences. You can find this in your dock or by going to the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen and selecting System Preferences.
- Click printers and scanners.
- Select the printer from the left column. If you have more than one printer on your network, they will appear in the list on the right side of the Print and Scan menu.
- The IP address of your printer will be under Location.
How to find the IP address of your printer using the CUPS website
- open yourself Applications folder.
- So open it Utilities.
- Next, open Terminal.
- Type cupsctl WebInterface = yes and click Enter on your keyboard. The CUPS web interface is activated.
- Open Safari.
- Type localhost: 631 / printers to the address bar.
- The IP address of your printer will be in the Location column.
Now that you know how to find your printer’s IP address, the next step is to learn how to add your printer on a Mac or Windows 10 desktop or laptop.
How to find the IP address of your printer from the network configuration page
Almost all printers can print a network configuration page that contains the printer’s IP address.
If your printer has a user interface display (UI), the configuration page can usually be printed by going to the Settings or Settings page. Again, the exact steps for production and different printer models vary.
For example, on the HP LaserJet Pro M1212n to print the configuration page, you will need to go to Settings> Reports> the Reports display page> Configuration Report.
On the other hand, for Canon imageRUNNER printers, you need to go to Main Menu> Settings> Settings> Network to print the report. Check your device’s manual for precise steps to follow.
For models that do not have a user interface display, to print the configuration page, you need to press and hold a specific button (usually this button is displayed as the Power, Switch, or in some cases Wi-Fi button) to print the configuration page. from five to 10 seconds. It is best to check the printer manual for how you can do this.
Now that you know how to find your printer’s IP address, the next step is to learn How to add your printer on a Mac or a Windows 10 computer.