What type of WordPress website do you dislike? If you are looking for a way to jazz up its design, we recommend learning how to change your font in WordPress. This process can be easily done from the control panel. Try the following simple steps:
The following is the process for changing fonts on a WordPress website. For those who have a business account, these steps also apply, but you will have more options by adding a plugin.
- Sign in to your WordPress account. You can access it
- In the left sidebar, click View Appearance.
- Then click Customize.
- In the left pane, click Fonts. This drop-down menu displays all the available fonts that you can choose from.
- Select headings and fonts. The title text is for the title of the post and page, while the caption is for the entire title of your main text. You will see a live preview in the right pane of what it will look like on your website.
- You can also change the font size by clicking the “Normal Size” button under the Headings drop-down menu. This drop-down menu displays with several size choices. You can also change the font style by clicking the “Regular” button next to the font size menu.
- To return your font to its default state, click the red X in the drop-down menu..
- When you are satisfied with your selection, click Save and Publish.
Custom WordPress Design offers a complete set of fonts. If you want your website to be professional, consider the following tips:
- To build a hierarchy, headings need to be bolder and larger than the main font.
- Use fonts from the same family. This can be done using the same font for headers and bases, but they can be changed by weight or size.
- Pairing a serif font with sans serif always looks good. Even Google switched to sans serif in 2015.
- Create a contrast with the thin type by connecting the plate font or fat.
If you cannot change the fonts this way, your theme may not allow you to change them. But there are many free plugins that you can install to change your font. The examples are great Easy Google fonts and Use any font.
If you want to find more plugins, check out our list the best WordPress plugins for business Here.